All True Grit Texture Supply brushes are formatted to work exclusively with the Procreate 5 brush engine and will cause a crash when selected in Procreate 4 or earlier versions.
To update to Procreate 5 take the following steps:
Check which version of Procreate you have installed:
- Open Procreate.
- Go to the Gallery and tap the Procreate logo to display the version number.
- If you have version 4 or lower installed, proceed to step 2.
- If you you have Procreate 5 installed and are experiencing a brush related crash, get in touch.
NOTE: if you are not a True Grit Texture Supply brush customer, please contact Procreate Support directly.
Backup your iPad:
- Follow these instructions to backup via iCloud or your Mac or PC.
Update to the latest iPadOS
- Open the Settings app.
- Head to General > Software Update.
- Your iPad will check for updates and you should get a notification telling you that iPadOS is ready to install. Tap Download and Install.
- It may take a few minutes to download and install the update, and you won’t be able to use your iPad during the update process.
Update Procreate to version 5.
- Open your App Store app and tap on your profile picture in the top right to access your Account menu.
- In here, you’ll see a list of updates available
- tap the Update button next to Procreate in order to update the app.